Learning Environment – File types added to restricted upload list
For security reasons, D2L restricts the uploading of certain file types to Brightspace Learning Environment. The list of restricted file types is not configurable by administrators. This feature adds the following file types to the restricted list:
For additional information on restricted file types, visit the Restricted MIME types in Brightspace Learning Environment help topic.
The quickest and simplest solution is to zip the files into a ZIP package, which will be accepted by the system.
Course Export – Export course changes
This feature allows administrators and instructors to export a course as an IMS Common Cartridge package or as a Thin Common Cartridge package. It also allows the Bulk Course Export tool to export a course as a Common Cartridge package.
Additional improvements in this feature include the following:
- A course can be exported as an IMS Common Cartridge 1.3 compliant package or an IMS Thin Common Cartridge 1.3 compliant package
- Avenue to Learn now allows users to select Export as Common Cartridge using Import/Export/Copy Components
- Avenue now allows users to select Export as Thin Common Cartridge using Import/Export/Copy Components
- Language Terms to describe Common Cartridge and Thin Common Cartridge exports are now visible.
- Bulk Course Export can now export a Common Cartridge package. A new optional column has been added to CSV that allows administrators to specify whether the bulk tool exports a Brightspace package or a Common Cartridge package
- The Bulk Course Export CSV now includes an optional column where a user can specify to export as a Brightspace package or as a Common Cartridge package
- The Bulk Course Export file naming convention now includes the course offering code to make files more identifiable
- When exporting a course using Import/Export/Copy Components, a new dialog box displays to inform users that their export is underway. A notification is generated in the navigation bar once the export package is ready for download. Users download the course package by opening the Export finished notification message
Quick Eval – User interface improvements
Quick Eval is now listed in the Course Admin page under the Assessment category when Quick Eval is turned on and the user has access to it.
Quiz Builder – Question import improvements
This feature updates question importing options in Quiz Builder. When importing questions from Question Library, users can now use the default end of quiz location for the questions, or choose to import the questions into a section. Previously, all questions imported from the Question Library were placed at the end of the Quiz by default, with no ability to select a specific quiz section.
Quizzes – Editing quizzes with previous attempts
Points for all past quiz attempts are no longer modified when edits are made that affect the overall points and/or the grading calculations for a quiz. In the previous release, this update extended only to quizzes with attempts started after the June 2020 release. Now, all previous quizzes with attempts started before June 2020 will display the quiz and grading calculations that appeared to the learner at the exact time they made the attempt.