Assignments – Consolidate availability dates
This feature updates the assignment availability dates to be consistent with the new availability date model, which was previously added to Discussions. Instructors can now include availability dates in the Calendar and have greater control over the behavior of availability dates for their learners. As a result, instructors can:
- Stop late submissions.
- Let learners view assignment information and submissions after it ends.
- Schedule the visibility of an assignment.
- Allow learners to view an assignment while preventing them from attempting it.
- Post the start and end of an assignment to the Calendar
The Assignment list page for both instructors and learners now contain all activity dates and date settings, including:
- Access restricted
- Submission restricted
Instructors can choose the default settings for availability dates for any new assignment. The settings are available on the Availability Date Defaults page, which can be found under Course Admin.
Figure: The Availability Date Defaults page, the Assignment page with activity dates and date settings.
Intelligent Agents – Improved consistency with the removal of legacy scheduling options
Building on the Intelligent Agents – Create Agent page facilitates more flexible scheduling and frequency options | Updated feature released in April 2022, this feature cleans up the Intelligent Agent scheduling interface by removing the unused Scheduled Agents Run Time area from the Intelligent Agents Settings page.
If a client has a course export package containing Intelligent Agents that was created prior to the April release, those agents are now imported without a schedule.
Quicklinks – Easily find audio-video content with improved Quicklink filters
To help users more easily find Media Library content, users can now use improved Brightspace Editor Insert Quicklink filters to better locate content available in Media Library. These new filters include:
- Ownership: Filter by the owner of the audio-video (AV) content (administrator only).
Note: The owner of AV content is the person who initially uploaded or added the content.
- Content Type: Filter by either audio or video content type.
- Source: Filter by where content was added from. Multiple filters can be selected:
- Content: Filter by AV content uploaded from the Content tool and Lessons.
- Media Library: Filter by AV content uploaded or created in Media Library.
- Audio or Video Note: Filter by content created using Audio and Video Note.
- Imported: Filter by content added from course imports.
- Other: Filter by content added prior to the addition of source tracking.
- Date Modified: Filter by date modified. This changes to Date Deleted on the Recycle Bin screen.
- Date Created
Previously, the Insert Quicklink feature included in Brightspace Editor did not provide the ability to filter Media Library content.
Figure: The new filter options included with the Insert Quicklink feature of Brightspace Editor.
Rubrics – Removal of legacy Rubric assessment type for learning objectives associated with quizzes
When you create a new quiz that has an associated learning objective, the Assessment Type drop-down menu no longer includes the Rubrics assessment type. Using the quiz assessment in this manner previously caused an error because it is not a supported workflow. This change ensures that users creating quiz assessments with learning objectives can no longer mistakenly use that worklflow. The Numeric assessment type continues to function normally.
Figure: The previous Assessment Type menu, with Numeric and Rubric options.
Figure: The new Manage Quizzes page, without the Rubric assessment type option.
Third-party Integration: Labster
The Labster third-party integration has been added to Avenue to Learn.
Please put in a ticket with support indicating that you’d like to setup an integration with Labster- letting us know which course code with which we should connect the integration. Once the integration is connected, your Labster sales representative will have documentation on how to complete the integration.