There are two components to the PebblePad integration – providing a pass-through for students to login to their Pebble+ (the portfolio creation tool in PebblePad) and an ATLAS (the assessment part) connection, which will pull the class roster from Avenue into PebblePad.
NOTE: Before you do this, please contact Avenue support to ensure that you’ve been given the appropriate credentials on PebblePad to do this – otherwise the integration will not be able to sync enrollments. You will know if you have been setup if you have used the integration before.
1. In Content select a module to place the links in.
2. From Add Existing Activities, select External Learning Tools.
3. (Optional) Select PebblePad Pebble+ to create a pass-through for students to use in the course.
4. (Optional) Check the link to see that it works, when you click on PebblePad Pebble+ you should see your account in PebblePad.
5. From Add Existing Activities, select External Learning Tools.
6. Select PebblePad ATLAS to create a link to facilitate passing the class roster.
7. Click the newly created link in Content, labelled PebblePad ATLAS to continue to configure the workspace on PebblePad.
8. Select whether you wish to create a new workspace or copy from a previously created workspace. Much like Avenue to Learn, PebblePad can copy from previously run courses that you have been a Lead Tutor in. For this tutorial, we will assume that you have not taught with PebblePad before, and will select Create a brand new workspace.
9. Click Continue, when you have made your selection.
10. Scroll through the settings available on the Create a Workspace page, you can rename the course, determine whether the course is available immediately (by setting it to Active Mode) and what happens after you create the workspace. When finished click Continue.
11. The next page shows additional features of the workspace.
You can simply scroll down and click Continue, unless you want to turn on or off those additional features.
12. The next page indicates who will be a Manager in the workspace. Typically these are people who are enrolled as Instructors or TA 1 in Avenue. Click Continue.
13. The next page indicates who will be a Member in the workspace. Typically these are people who are enrolled as Students in Avenue. Click Continue.
14. Click Finish to complete the integration. Your rosters will now sync between PebblePad and Avenue to Learn.